These are my musings and observations on my daily life, loves and the laughter that are all a part of my experience of living now in the shires of England.

Friday, 23 March 2012

Hugs


I’ve always been a hugger. Yes, I admit it. My name is Marjorie and I am a hugger. There. I’ve said it publicly and now I can ... carry on hugging.

You see, I think hugs are healing and so much more. They bring a sense of closeness that supersedes any other form of physical touch. I give hugs regularly. I am also fortunate enough to receive hugs just as frequently. They are such a warm embrace. I’ve heard it said that a hug is a handshake from the heart.



Several years ago I came across a serious of books called ‘The Little Book of Hugs’. The first one I received was a gift from a friend who was encouraging me to hug people and share the joy; I’ll always be grateful to her. Lisa was always wreathed in smiles and warmth was her natural clothing. She shared her deep joy of life in every moment you were in her company. Some people you never forget, you can’t and you don’t want to. Lisa is one of those people.

It was therefore with great pleasure that I acknowledged a recent gift – ‘The Second Tiny Book of Hugs’ and I’m going to give you a virtual hug right now by sharing a special page with you.

“A hug says appreciation: Appreciation for others and gratitude for the abundance and variety of life – these are flavours of happiness we communicate in an embrace.
When we are filled with thankfulness and appreciation, our hugs proclaim, I’m grateful today for the deliciousness of life. Let’s be sure to take time to taste the richness of each moment.” 
Kathleen Keating

There you are! All warm and lovely after that hug? Yes? Me too.

Want more happiness? Try this

I love you and I’m thankful for you. Have a great day. I mean that.


A warm embrace

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts