These are my musings and observations on my daily life, loves and the laughter that are all a part of my experience of living now in the shires of England.

Sunday, 22 April 2012

Dreaming - Poetry by Marjorie H Morgan


Dreaming

Where do you go to
when you eyes
are open
but closed to all around?

Where do you go to
when it’s busy
about you
but you hear not a sound?

Where do you go to
when the pressure is heavy
or the pleasure is full?

Where,
oh where,
do you go to
that you have to go alone?

I go, my dear, to my dreams –
my dreams are places
you cannot go,
things I dare or cannot show,
my dreams are long forgotten faces,
my dreams are big, full, small, empty
spaces.

I go, my dear, to my dreams.

I go to my place of safety
when I’ve gone
without leaving.

I go, my dear, to my dreams.

(1995)

© Marjorie H Morgan 2012 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can hear music for this peice .

Marj said...

Thank you. Maybe you can sing it for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts