These are my musings and observations on my daily life, loves and the laughter that are all a part of my experience of living now in the shires of England.

Wednesday, 12 December 2012

12/12/12 - More than just numbers ...


12/12/12

Today is the 12th day of the 12th Month of the 12th year of this decade. A great date that’s easy to remember. I know that it’s obvious and people in your circles have no doubt been talking about it all day, but just in case you missed it I thought I’d also mention it. As, no doubt, several other people may have. There. You’ve been informed!

But, information is not all the day is about. Information and facts are totally different to understanding. I decided to understand this date in my own way.

With all the doom-mongers and negative predictions that have been associated with this date (including the end of the world – I guess if you’re reading this then that particular prediction has not come to pass ...) I thought that it would be a good idea to use this date for something positive.


Something associated with the number sequence 12.12.12

I decided on 12 people, 12 words, 12 items.

My plan today has been to focus on interacting with (at least 12 people) on a significant and meaningful level, to speak 12 special words (from my heart) and to give away (a minimum of) 12 items.

It has been enlightening.

These are my 12 special words for today:

Love
Compassion
Forgiveness
Balance
Peace
Calm
Family
Friends
Humanity
Nature
Beauty
Trust

I think I may repeat all (or at least some of this) tomorrow. That’ll be 13 then ...

What did you do that was special today?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts