These are my musings and observations on my daily life, loves and the laughter that are all a part of my experience of living now in the shires of England.

Saturday, 11 May 2013

Time and distance


I’ve been thinking about how time and distance are twinned with each other. They both seem to have the same relationship with feelings.

When I am feeling ‘positive’ both of them seem to pass really quickly; it’s as if they are both flying. However, I have noticed that when I am not quite so upbeat they both seem to get heavy feet and drag their way, like spoilt children, through wet sand. This is when their presence is so evident, and at times tiring.

The reason I’ve been thinking about this is multi-faceted: a series of abstract thoughts have been battling against a real situation.

The distance in this scenario has remained the same, the time it takes to travel that distance hasn’t altered. It’s just that my feelings regarding the journey have. This same time and distance - that a month ago would have seemed like way too much to contemplate - is now a joy to think about.

How is that possible?

Feelings alter the perception of both time and distance. I wonder why that is? Maybe it's got something to do with the speed and direction of my thoughts. I also wonder if principles can override feelings. I doubt it. I had hoped they could.

But I don’t feel it’s possible.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts