These are my musings and observations on my daily life, loves and the laughter that are all a part of my experience of living now in the shires of England.

Wednesday 19 October 2011

Third party sadness


We all have our own pain. And sometimes we know we have too much of it. But there is a whole different type of pain that also causes deep grief. This is third party pain.

I have realised that you really hurt when people you care about are hurt or hurting. As much as you want to you cannot take their pain away. What I have found is that you can let them know that you care, deeply.

I have sent hugs and prayers to people who I cannot be with in person right now. They have always been eternally dear to me and, at this moment, they are too closely acquainted with that heart destroying pain.


Their first degree sadness is raw and debilitating.


My meagre offering to them right now is somewhere to rest and express that pain because I really care about what they feel.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts