These are my musings and observations on my daily life, loves and the laughter that are all a part of my experience of living now in the shires of England.

Monday 24 January 2011

Procrastination has been defeated ...

Procrastination has been defeated ...

at least for today! And I feel triumphant.

I was determined to complete three specific tasks today – and I did. It was touch and go as I fought the desire to give up on the major task all together. But I persevered and as soon as I got into the swing of it, I knew I was almost home and dry.

A phone call interrupted me and I thought that was the end. But after dealing with the caller I returned to my mission and completed it. And I did it all in good time.

I surprised myself.

I reminded myself that I am capable of achieving tasks that I set my mind to. At the start of the day I was berating myself for letting a week slip by without addressing this issue. I had even set a reminder last week to chivvy myself into action. As the days slipped after each other into oblivion I began to believe that there was no chance of completion.

As the morning settled I believed a different story. I told myself a different story, and I believed this version.

This evening I am satisfied by my accomplishments. I encouraged myself and rewrote the ending to my day.


Procrastination is a dried up prune in the corner of the room and I sit here toasting my success with a glass of freshly squeezed juice from the vines. It is refreshing!

I had to share this experience because I know that I am the only one who procrastinates, and that those who read this are always on time and on task in their lives. That’s right, isn’t it?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts