These are my musings and observations on my daily life, loves and the laughter that are all a part of my experience of living now in the shires of England.

Thursday 13 January 2011

Stay connected to yourself

Children don’t need to be reminded to play.

Sometimes they need reminders about washing their hands, brushing their teeth, cleaning their shoes and a whole host of other things that adults deem important. But children can wake up in the morning and begin to play immediately.

There is no instruction needed or permission sought, they just do it.

As soon as they are awake they are present in their own lives and deal with the things that are important to them straight away. I’m sure they don’t even categorise things as most organised adults have a tendency to do. For them there is no important, urgent, essential or long-term tasks.

While we are busy making ‘to do’ lists they are doing it: playing.

They just do it, they immerse themselves in play. Children have the consciousness of who they are and what they want to do, and because they are children with no other responsibilities, they can fulfil their desires immediately.

Although as an adult I cannot just abandon my responsibilities, however, I can make time to be childlike again (I’ll put it on my ‘to do’ list) and feel connected to myself again. I know that when I disconnect with my inner child for too long I become uncomfortable with myself because something is missing.

I think it is essential to stay present in your own life; to stay connected to yourself. Remember once in a while to do the things that bring your unrelenting pleasure. Be childlike.

Here’s the list I’m using at these times:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts