These are my musings and observations on my daily life, loves and the laughter that are all a part of my experience of living now in the shires of England.

Wednesday 19 January 2011

Threads of gold

Threads of gold

Some people you never forget.

Some people never forget you.

I’ve had two wonderful reminders of that today.

The first was a seven word email that made me smile from my core.

The second was a chance sighting of an old face, I literally mean an old face, in a supermarket car park.

Over a decade ago I worked in the housing department of a local council. I came in contact with several hundreds of people but some of them I have never forgotten. This woman was one of them.

When I first met her she was already old, way over 80, and we had several meetings about her home. I always wondered about her when I left that employment and today I saw her.

I walked over to the car she was sat in, thinking that she would not recognise me, or that I had identified her incorrectly, but when she opened the door she smiled her toothless grin at me as I recalled her name and where we had first met.

.


Mrs Threadgold. An amazing woman with more wrinkles than crushed velvet on her face had the brightness of a teenager in her eyes. She said, “I haven’t seen you for ages, duck. How are you?” I responded and I smiled. Then, wishing her well I resumed my daily tasks with another gift of threads of gold around my heart.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts