These are my musings and observations on my daily life, loves and the laughter that are all a part of my experience of living now in the shires of England.

Friday 7 January 2011

Trust

Trust is easy when you believe.

A dear friend said a simple phrase to me many years ago, she said “You’re safe with me” and I believed her. I still believe her. It’s easy.

She is a most wonderful woman and those simple words taught me that it was OK to trust people, starting with her.

I don’t know how or why I chose her to start my journey of trust but I have never regretted my first steps. They were my foundation to learning to trust people again after many unsteady years. Her friendship has remained consistent through the decades.

The gift that I received that day when she told me that I was safe has never faded.

This has been a case of amazing love, trust and faith. I will never forget her. I have told her this.

My staff team at Mandela House 20-12-95

Me, JC and the gang!

She is a magnificent woman and all who know her will echo my sentiments. JC – I love you for all that you are just as you have always loved me for all that I am.

I just hope that everyone is as fortunate as I have been to have this particular friend in their lives. Everyone needs a JC as a friend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts