These are my musings and observations on my daily life, loves and the laughter that are all a part of my experience of living now in the shires of England.

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Easy life




I have heard people say that others they know have such “an easy life”. This perception is, I think, flawed. I cannot think of a single person whose life is completely happy and they are able to handle all of life’s ups and downs without flinching.

I think that realism means accepting that life may not always be easy or a constant barrel of laughs, but it is always worth it.

I know people have looked at my life and commented that it is “easy”. I wish that was true.


I have daily challenges (you can read about some of them here in my blog) however, I do have a vast amount of joy and happiness as well. There are some situations where I could easily get morose and think along the “woe is me” lines, but I do, for the most part, resist and find a positive in whatever dire situation I am facing.

This philosophy has enabled me to remain upbeat most days.

There was a time when someone looked at me when I told them my age and said, “Well, you’ve obviously had an easy life!”

I just laughed in response.



All I know with total certainty every single day is that living my life is not always easy or fun, but it is always worth it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts