These are my musings and observations on my daily life, loves and the laughter that are all a part of my experience of living now in the shires of England.

Friday 22 July 2011

Sleeping love



Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky. Then I realised that it’s more than luck, I’m living my blessings.

I have a beautiful child (inside and out) that looks at me with love and wants to spend time with me. That’s like winning the jackpot ... everyday!

Before I started washing up the dishes the other evening, I said that Morgan could read in bed until I got there to say goodnight or just go straight to sleep. She had a different suggestion: she wanted to lay on the ground in the kitchen doorway so that she could stay near me while I washed the dishes because “I like being near you.”

Little words of love like that make my heart melt over and over again.

She fell asleep right there on the floor and I covered her up with a candlewick bedspread that used to belong to my mother. Love may sleep but it never ends.

I am blessed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts