These are my musings and observations on my daily life, loves and the laughter that are all a part of my experience of living now in the shires of England.

Saturday 9 April 2011

Hands Free


When I left home today I realised that I didn’t have my mobile phone with me. For a few seconds I thought about going back for it but then I just couldn’t be bothered. So I went on my way.

Quite soon after than I was so busy enjoying my day out that I forgot that I didn’t have the phone. When I was first aware that I didn’t have it I remembered that there was a time (way back in the 90’s!) when I used to go everywhere without a mobile phone.

I soon got used to a different way of being. I wasn’t checking my phone every few minutes – ostensibly for the time, but also for messages, and I was truly present in the day I was living. It was refreshing and I felt a strange kind of freedom as well.

This has all come back to me because I’ve only just remembered my phone now, after the whole day has passed away into oblivion. And I must say, it was really great to spend a day totally ‘hands free’.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts