These are my musings and observations on my daily life, loves and the laughter that are all a part of my experience of living now in the shires of England.

Thursday 14 April 2011

Jigsaw perspectives



I have to make long-term decisions that I believe are the best for my family. These may include staying up until stupid-o’clock to finish painting walls so the next day can be focused on more family filled activities or I may decide that a certain desired purchase may have to be denied.
These two examples are not times of easy decisions but because I do have the advantage of seeing a larger picture I am able to make them with some confidence.
My son, however, cannot see the sense in some of the things that I decide – especially if he wants something right then (and additionally has told his friends about it as a guaranteed event). But, as I told him today, that is sometimes because he is looking at a single piece of the whole jigsaw while I am looking at the whole picture – more or less.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts